You just got the news, you’ve been quarantined! As the pandemic has continued and more and more cases are popping up, there is a good chance you’ll be quarantined at some point.
Normally, 14 days off from work or school would be magical. 14 days off on quarantine not being able to go anywhere is not exactly fun.
I survived being sick with Covid-19 and Quarantine doing these 14 things.
Here are 14 things to do during Quarantine
1. Take a Social Media Detox
Take a break from social media for a few days. On average, we spend over an hour and 30 minutes on social media. Take that time back and stop the comparison trap and start enjoying life.
Social media is a time sucker and the worst and guiltiest pleasure. Take a break for a few days and see how productive and happier you can be.
2. Read a Good Book
Pick up a good book from your local library, Amazon, or ask a friend to drop off. Get lost in a story more pleasant than staying at home for 14 days.
3. Listen to a Book
If you don’t want to read a book, try listening to one instead. I love my audible account and listen to books in the car while driving, going on walks, making dinner, and when I am tired and just don’t want to pick up a book.
Click below for a free trial membership of audible.
4. Color in a Coloring Book
Coloring may be the best part of childhood and can still be enjoyed in adulthood.
5. Go for a Walk
An apple and 30 minutes of exercise will keep the doctor away, and a whole lot more. It’s easy to overeat while being at home all the time but exercise for more than just works off frequent snacking.
- Maintain mental well-being: Exercise may help reduce stress, improve mild-to-moderate depression and anxiety, improve sleep, and boost moods.
- Increase energy and stamina: A lack of energy often results from inactivity, not age.
- Prevent cancer: Exercise has been shown to strengthen the immune system, improve circulation, reduce body fat, and speed digestion. Each has a role in preventing cancer, particularly cancers of the colon, prostate, uterine lining, and breast.
- Lowers your risk for memory loss or Alzheimer’s Disease. Everyone still reserves the right to have selective memory when it benefits them, even after exercising.
Your dog will also love you even more after a long walk.
6. Fill out your planner
Before the week begins, in two weeks while on quarantine, plan using your planner. Give yourself something to look forward to and manage your time well by filling out your planner. Covid-19 isn’t going anywhere, but there are still fun things to look forward to!
7. Start a Gratitude Journal
With more time on your hands, you may have noticed that a few things. Harboring grudges and plotting revenge takes a lot of energy. While waiting for one true moment of schadenfreude sounds oh so sweet, true bliss can be found in simply not giving a f*ck.
8. At Home Mani-Pedi Kit
Take time to do something only you’ll see. Paint your nails and give yourself a Mani-Pedi during your home. Enjoy slowing down and giving yourself some well deserved self care.
9. Start your own Herb Garden
No matter what season it is, fresh herb taste great and make your food taste even better. Pick three or four of your favorite herbs you’d like to use and start there. Call your local garden center and support a small business. There are lots of different indoor herb gardens you can buy that are low maintenance and easy to start.
10. Declutter Your Life by Starting with Your Closet
With 14 days, there is time to declutter your closet, desk, or any room in your house. Get this book from your library or order from Amazon to get started organizing.
There are only a few things that make me feel more accomplished than organizing something.
11. Meal Plan
It’s a really great idea but it is hard to actually put into practice. While being home for 14 days, it an opportune time to start. Here are just a few of the benefits of meal planning:
- Being more productive when there is time scarcity
- Encouraging preparation and consumption of healthier meals
- Improving health markers
- Helping you stay on track with fitness goals (weight loss/gain, recovery after surgery, etc.)
12. Phone a Friend
Call a friend from college, cousin, or family member you think about but never make the time to call. Life slows down on quarantine, use it to connect with people you care about.
13. Plan a Vacation
It feels like quarantine and Coivd-19 will never be over but it will someday. Be ready for a much-needed vacation when it is. Dream about where you’d like to and plan it.
14. Order Dinner from your Favorite Small Business
Support your favorite small business and treat yourself to a special meal.